Even the most user-friendly and nice-looking software is not worth much if it crashes under load. This is why various programs, websites, and other software need performance testing. This type of testing allows evaluating the usage of resources, reliability, speed, stability, and other characteristics of your software. In order to enhance specific software and achieve the best results, performance testing automation services are incorporated. It is highly recommended to invest in performance testing to get rid of any related issues in your software and always be sure that your site or program will deal with any traffic.
The Benefits of Automation Performance Testing
Is your system operating at its maximum capacity when there are the most visitors every day? Will it remain active in case there is a surge in requests? Or will your software fail and crash, leaving people unable to use it? It is better to answer these questions as soon as possible in order to deliver the best user experience for everyone. Here are some key benefits of investing in performance automation testing for your webpage or app:
- Increase your revenue – scalability is the key to making more profit with your software. With performance testing you will be guaranteed to handle the constantly increasing load of clients;
- Enhance user experience – long loading screens or pages are always inconvenient for customers. With speed testing, you can make sure that everything loads quickly and smoothly;
- Keep up with your sales – you should be able to satisfy the demand of your clients, which is only possible if your site or app can handle this amount of clients. Performance testing will ensure that your system is active all the time;
- Get rid of performance bottlenecks – in case there are certain issues that prevent your software from its best performance, they can be located and eliminated effectively.
It is always better to test your performance in advance than having to restore your software frantically when it crashes.
Types of Automated Performance Testing
Software performance testing is a complex process that involves many aspects. A lot of different tests are combined within performance testing and it is crucial to do all of them to have a better picture of your software. Here are some types of tests involved in performance testing:
- API and server testing – testing variants on the web server directly;
- Load tests – testing the system by putting it under load and gathering information about its performance;
- Reliability tests – testing software in various environments to ensure that it performs consistently in each case and over time;
- Web application performance tests – creating various test scenarios to learn about the web app performance;
- Stability tests – special tests that allow estimating the efficiency and stability of the system as a whole and over time, etc.
Performance testing is a necessary measure to ensure that each part of your software operates at its maximum capacity and is able to take even more. Scalability is a must for modern software, so you should always be sure that your system can expand as soon as your demands increase.