It’s a given that Network Monitoring is a necessity and should be adopted by companies/businesses. There are tremendous varieties of Network Monitoring software available in the market. And choosing that one right networking software that suits your working environment and budget can be quite burdensome.
This article is provided to help you understand and compare the different features of Network Monitoring tools for 2020 and choose the one that suits your workplace and budget the best. But before we jump to the tools, let’s understand what even a network monitoring tool is? Why is it important?
What Is A Network Monitoring Tool?
A network monitoring tool verifies the accessibility and all in all functioning performance by continually tracking the status of the system of computers and network services. In other words, the system keeps in check access, routers, switches, firewalls, detect components that might fail or steady the system and server performance thoroughly. But first, changing your network from public to private should be taken care of.
Why Is Network Monitoring Important/Needed?
It ensures adequate security of information. It supervises everything 24/7 and will notify the network administrator beforehand of any issues that might arise via email or SMS to make improvements. Perhaps it is the best possible way to ensure an efficient operating system for your business. It saves a lot of time to figure out what went wrong, which will be with the network monitor’s help as the order is being monitored 24/7. Thus the problem will be solved quickly.
Additionally, these tools save not only time but also your money. With this system, it gets quicker to find out the faults and fix then, if any. In conclusion, the need for network monitoring is significant for security, saving time and money, and lastly, for troubleshooting.
List Of Best Network Monitoring Tools And Software Of 2020
- SolarWinds Performance Monitoring
- PRTG Network Monitor.
1) SolarWinds Performance Monitoring:
SolarWinds comes up with the network monitor that performs to reduce network interruption and continues to improve performance. It can be easily expanded on demand for more extensive computer networks and is smart-environment friendly. That is to say, best suitable for small, medium, and large businesses.
Price: A free 30 days trial period is also available. There is also the availability of an interactive demo if requested. The pricing of this software starts at $2,993.
- Automated recognition of connected network devices.
- Is smart with a high scalability network.
- Reports and notifies the system.
- Examines network packets.
- SNMP monitoring.
It provides an open-source network direct monitoring system that comes with extensions and also includes DSL. This is suitable for small, medium, and large businesses.
Price: This consists of four kinds of plans: starter, basic, premium, and enterprise. Allows a 30 day trial period test.
- Extension, thus environment friendly.
- Easily merged with a VMWare environment.
A primary network performance monitor that authorizes the users always to keep track of their networking performance and improve them. It is suitable for small, medium, and large businesses, including single users.
Price: This provides a 14-day free trial and a free demo if requested. After the plan ends, you can continue using it by paying for the plan, and you can even upgrade it.
- Situates in a minute.
- Get instant updates on network performance within every 500 ms.
Allows open-source network monitoring services for networks such as cloud, servers, network, application. Determines faults beforehand and has a smart alert system—suits small, medium, and large businesses.
Price: It is free of cost and is open-source software.
- Easy to assemble data and is extension friendly.
- Different sorts of options for notifications.
5) PRTG Network Monitor:
PRTG works to supply network monitoring results that monitor not only your whole computer structure but also LAN, WAN, Cloud services, etc. It creates a dashboard and merges the network parts as per your needs, which is possible as a map designer is provided. It works for small, medium and large businesses.
Price: It starts from a range of PRTG 500 upto PRTG XL1, $1,600 to $14,500, respectively.
- As to notify, PRTG house 10 inbuilt systems like email, audio files are alarm, etc.
- I can exchange web interactions for desktop, Android devices, and IOS.
- Gives accurate reports.
- PRTG permits you to transfer the report in PDF, XML, CSV, or HTML files.
This provides a network monitoring analyzer, software, and network traffic monitor. It is suitable for small, medium, and large businesses—It consists of a dashboard, alert system, etc.
Price: Analyzer can cost you $1,995.
- Keeps track and precise response of every node.
- Examines the accessibility of nodes.
It has real-time notifications and device status, and for an environment with less than 25 devices, it works more efficiently. Suitability is for small, medium, and large businesses.
Price: Consists of plans: individual, team enterprise, and custom. These plans are free of cost.
- Notifications can be easily customized.
- Easy to install.
- It can adjust alerts accordingly.
Works for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS. Keep track, manage, and bring improvement to your devices’ network—suits small, medium, and large businesses.
Price: Free trial period of 30 days. As for pricing, you can always get a quote.
- Keeps track of the health and execution of firewalls, routers switches, and other devices.
- Checks performance of server laptop, etc.
- Get remote access and direct control of devices.
- 5 Things to Know About IP Address Management Systems - February 22, 2021
- 6 Best Automation Testing Trends in 2021 - February 1, 2021
- How to Boost the Speed and Performance of Windows 10? - September 8, 2020