It is due the significant development in the field of information and technology, internet and of course the constant startup bubble that has triggered the entrepreneurial instincts in many people. With the ease in accessing to larger, varied and potential markets, setting up an online ecommerce store seem to have become a fashion among the aspiring entrepreneurs.
However, this is not an easy task: no, not the setting of it, but sustaining and surviving the fierce competition of the ecommerce world. Most of the startups get tripped and even ripped while taking the first step and by the end of the first year they are found to be in huge amounts of debt, spending almost all of their time visiting sites and others looking for a suitable and fast debt relief. It is not surprising that most startups end up in filing for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
If you too want to set up an ecommerce store and think that you have a great idea and prospect, it is recommended that you check out the feasibility of your business idea so that you do not end up as one of those bankrupt business owners.
Need to check business feasibility
When you check the feasibility of your business idea based on specific parameters you will be sure about:
- Its success and potential in the future for its growth and plan accordingly
- The right ways and approaches to follow so that you can beat the competition in the market and
- Delivering your customers with exactly the type of product and service that they want.
Therefore, in addition to choosing the right business model you will also have to focus on the potential of the market, your resources and finance, the consumer behaviors and a plethora of things so that you do not end up in the list of those 10% of startups who fail to last even for a couple of years.
Risks of making a wrong choice
There is a similarity between getting along with a wrong business idea and getting stuck in a wrong marriage or job. In both the settings nothing seems to work perfectly but there is no alternative but to keep dragging it somehow. Well, divorce or a switch over is not a feasible solution just as rolling down your shutters is not.
On the other hand, if you have the right business idea or even a job or marriage, you will get along well, everything will fall into the right places and things will seem to work on their own and just as the way you wanted.
Therefore, all you need to do to achieve mental and financial peace is to put timely efforts into your selection and planning.
Get rid of the doubts
You will need to ask a varied and large number of questions to you in order to adjudge the feasibility of your ecommerce business ideas. Questions that you should ask yourself include:
- Whether launching such a business that is well in trend will work for you?
- Will your offer for an in-demand service work?
- Will you be able to find venture capitalists or angel investors to your business?
- And if you do, whether it will assure business success?
Remember, ‘Maybe’ is not the right answer to all these questions. Any element of doubt will push you and your business to the dark territory of failure. Therefore, the answer that you should look for all of these questions is, “Yes, it surely will.”
In order to get this most appropriate answer, you will need to evaluate your business idea on different decisive parameters. Each of these parameters when answered perfectly will take you a step closer in choosing the most appropriate ecommerce business models based on different factors such as:
- Your business goals
- Your understanding of the market
- The consumer needs and preferences and
- The available resources.
When you find out the feasibility of your ecommerce business idea you will be able to get rid of the copious amounts of doubts it has. You will be out of the gray zone comfortably and taste the success of your ecommerce venture much more easily and with far too less effort.
The different specific choosing parameters
There are lots of different parameters you will need to consider to choose the right type of ecommerce business for you. However, the most common ones that will show you the right path include:
- The people you serve: This is the first thing that you should find out. When you consider a market, you want to serve you will need to consider the culture, geography and lifestyle of your target market into account.
- Ability and willingness to serve: When you have the black and white picture on whether your business will work in the specific market and on the audience you targeted, find out whether or not as a business you are capable and willing to serve them. You must have enough industry knowhow, access to resources, an engaged target audience and most importantly a proper vision. This will ensure success.
- Potential: Your product or service should have enough potential to achieve mass adoption. This will ensure the scalability of your business. For this you will need to know the practical value of the product, the demand for it, the probable problems that may arise and the availability of the perfect solutions to it and much more.
- Sustainability: This is another crucial aspect apart from adoption for a business to be successful and therefore is another crucial parameter to judge the feasibility of your business. Remember, you are not planning for a business to last for only a couple of years down the line. Think long term and plan accordingly.
Lastly, you should consider the legality of your business idea as per the rule of the state. It is only when you get positive answers to these questions you should focus on the cost and time of setting up your business and also consider the cost per acquisition and the resources required.
- Common Parameters to Evaluate Feasibility Of An Ecommerce Business Idea - November 14, 2019
- Turning Augmented Reality into ROI - July 31, 2019
- Simple Methods to Protect Your Identity from Being Stolen - May 20, 2019